Don't know what you write on your business Facebook page?
It's a valuable space to showcase your expertise, credibility, and show you are a lovely approachable human. But only if you use it. With practise you'll naturally find opportunities to post to your page throughout the week. But to get you started, you may need a more formulaic approach.
Kick-start your creativity with this list of 25 Facebook status suggestions:
1. Go behind the scenes - post a photo or video of you/your team at work.
2. Explain your day in emojis only - then ask your fans to do the same in the comments.
3. Share a video tutorial - make it something quick your fans can copy at home.
4. Do that video tutorial as a Facebook live - less prep time, more engagement.
5. Create a poll - everyone loves to share their opinion.
6. Share the results of that poll you created.
7. Run a Q&A session via Facebook Live - ask for questions beforehand so you’ll definitely have something to talk about.
8. Share snippets from your blog posts - e.g. if it’s 10 steps to (some outcome) post a single step and add a link to the rest of the info.
9. Share other people’s content that you think your audience will enjoy - but not your competitors content (my audience goes for puppies, swearing, and alcohol-related memes).
10. Get your customers to create the content for you - ask them to post a photo of your product in action, and give them a hashtag to add.
11. Look at what’s trending - find out using the box on the right-hand side of your screen on desktop or just by tapping the search bar on mobile.
12. Share customer feedback - a testimonial, case study, or photo of a thank you card.
13. Run a Facebook offer - list a temporary offer as an ‘offer’….not sure how else to explain how to run an offer.
14. Run a giveaway - make sure the prize is something your audience will want, and not just an awesome thing that will attract people from all over the universe who aren’t even slightly interested in your business.
15. Set up events for anything and everything - running an event online or in real-life? Get it up as an event on Facebook.
16. Any time you connect with another business and tag them in - worked for them, created content for them, chatted with them at an event - however you connected, make a post about it.
17. Do a Facebook Live series - Hold one Live every day for a week to focus on a particular topic, problem or goal.
18. Regular Facebook show - Set a time and day when you will run a regular weekly/monthly Facebook Live (like having your very own TV show).
19. Recycle old posts that have worked well in the past - plenty of people won’t have seen it the first time around.
20. Makeover posts and share the same info in a different format - photo, infographic, video, or text.
21. Share a problem and ask for advice - could be your problem, or could be a fans (ask them first, and give them the option of being anonymous).
22. Inspirational/funny image quotes - so popular because they work.
23. Share something from your personal life - like a photo/video/story from your weekend/evening/holiday.
24. Celebrate a win, milestone, or achievement - it could be your 1000th subscriber, 1 millionth page view, or 100th customer. Add a celebratory image with your credibility-building fact.
25. Fill in the blank…….. - Every week I (do this) to take care of myself; My business couldn’t survive without (this); My biggest productivity killer is (this).
This Step Is Essential Step To Promote Your Facebook Page?
Soooooooo often I'll read a comment on Facebook, hope over to the person's profile to discover more about their business and draw a blank because I can't find their website or Facebook page. If your audience are on Facebook then they're likely poking around your profile at some point. Make it easy for them to get to your Facebook business page by linking it to your personal profile (here's a tutorial to show you how).
You might also like:
Want This List In Your Inbox
Fill out the box below and I'll send you this list of Facebook page post ideas to your inbox for you to download (or print) and keep for future reference.
25 Facebook Page Post Ideas
Download this cheatsheet and you'll never be stuck for post ideas again.